Did you know that avocados contain more potassium than bananas and are loaded with fibre and contain heart-healthy mono-saturated fats? (Oleic acid present in avocados has been associated with reduced inflammation).
But it doesn’t stop here – they have been shown to lower cholesterol, triglyceride levels and blood pressure markers. It’s time to take advantage of this much-loved fruit!
- 1 peeled and destoned ripe avocado
- 1 apple decored and cut into chunks
- 1 ripe pear decored and cut into chunks
- 1 thumb-size portion of root ginger, peeled
- 1 double handful of spinach (if you are intolerant to histamine please swap this out for kale)
Add everything to your blender and cover with filtered water. Blend for about 1 and a half minutes or until everything is completely pulverised! Then pour out a glass and enjoy.
Note: this will make about 2 pints leave the extra in the blender jug so that you can zap it again before pouring the second glass of green goodness as these ingredients will naturally separate.