I have a confession to make – I often eat this for breakfast.
This is apple and raspberry crumble and I have been known to go through phases of eating it for breakfast mainly because it’s rammed full of nutritional goodness that I no longer consider it a desert!
To make it you will need:
- 4 apples
- Two handfuls of frozen raspberries
- 1 and 1/2 cups of rolled oats
- 2 tables spoons coconut oil – melted
- 1/2 a lemon (the juice)
- 2 teaspoons of chia seeds
- 2 teaspoons of flax seeds
- 1 tablespoon of cocoa nibs
- 1 table spoon of coconut flakes or desiccated coconut
- Preheat your oven to 180˚C
- Peel and dice the apples add the to a pan with about 1/2 cup of water.
- Put them over a medium heat with the lid on the pan until they are soft enough to poke with a knife.
- Drain and add the chia and flaxseeds along with the cocoa nibs and coconut flakes, mix everything together and then add to a baking tray or ceramic baking dish.
- Once the apples are in, top them with the frozen raspberries.
- In a bowl mix the rolled oats, lemon juice and coconut oil so that the oats are lightly covered and spoon them over the apples and raspberries.
- Place the crumble in the oven for half an hour or until the oats go golden.
Serve with coconut yogurt and enjoy.