- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 sweet red apple peeled cord and diced
- 200 grams, or six stems of tender stem broccoli, broccolini, diced including stems. You could also substitute it with half a head of broccoli
- 1 courgette diced
- 220 grams of frozen peas
- 3 handfuls of kale, finely chopped
- 500 milliliters of hot vegetable or chicken stock
- Sea salt
- Two tablespoons of fresh flat-leaf pasty leaves.
Chorizo Crumble (Optional)
- 50 grams chorizo, crumbled by hand into small pieces.
- 1 to 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika if needed
- 2 tablespoons of flaked almonds
- Heat the oil in a heavy-based saucepan, or casserole dish ever medium heat. At the apple and sauté for two minutes, add the broccoli and sauté for two to four minutes, until it begins to soften.
- At the courgette, peas, and kale and sauté for about four minutes, stirring so the peas defrost and the kale wilts.
- Pour the hot stock into the pan, and bring it into a simmer. Cover the pan with the lid, and simmer until apple and broccoli are soft.
- Using a stick blender food processor or blender blitz the contents of the pan until smooth. If you’re using a food processor or blender. Be careful. Don’t fill it all the way to the top, and be sure to place a tea towel over the top of the blender while you Blitz as hot liquids can expand and spill out.
To make the optional chorizo crumble, fry the chorizo in a frying pan over medium heat until it is cooked through and has leached Crimson oil onto the pan. If there is none add the olive oil and smoked paprika and then the flaked almonds and cook until the almonds have been toasted in the oil.
Serve the soup with the chorizo crumble and parsley scattered over the top.