This cake is an absolute taste and flavour madness, and definitely a masterpiece to recreate in the kitchen this Bank Holiday weekend. Not only does it tastes insanely good, it’s also pretty impressive, heh?
Decorate it with your favourite toppings, nuts and berries.
– 5 eggs
– 4 tbsp chia seeds soaked in one cup of water for 15 mins
– 65g raw cocoa
– 100g coconut oil melted
– 75g almond meal
– 120g maple syrup
– pinch salt
– 1 teaspoon bicarb.
– 120g vegan chocolate and berries to decorate
– Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
– Grease two small cake tins 6inches in diameter
– Soak the chia seeds in 1 cup of water for 15 mins, string regularly
– In the meantime place the cocoa, eggs, almond meal, maple syrup, salt, bicarb and coconut oil in a bowl and whisk to combine well and break up any lumps (at least 1 min), add the chia seed jelly and whisk until well combined
– Pour into lined cake tins
– Bake in the oven for 20 mins or until they bounce back when pressed in the middle
– Let the cake cool for 5-10 mins in the tin then allow to cool on a wire rack
– Melt 120g vegan chocolate and pour over the cake, decorate with berries and nuts