Rich in Vitamin C and lycopene this simple, cleansing citrus salad also contains limonoids and phytonutrients which promote the formation of detoxification enzyme glutathione S-transferase.
This salad is a great change to breakfast and is wonderful with a dollop of yogurt.
If you’re on any kind of medication it would be wise to swap the grapefruit out.
- 1 red grapefruit, peeled
- 2 clementines or tangerines, peeled
- 4 oranges, peeled
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp crystallised ginger chopped
- Cut the grapefruit, clementines and 3 of the oranges into thick slices. Place them into a bowl.
- Juice the last orange and add the juice to the bowel with the cinnamon and ginger
- Let it sit for as long as you can to enhance the flavours.
Recipe adapted from The Functional Nutrition Cookbook.