Ok, so let’s start by being honest, this is chocolate spread but not as you know it. All the best things in life are home made, especially when it comes to food. You don’t have to be a domestic god/goddess to appreciate this. The reason that homemade always wins is simple, if it’s homemade you can control what goes into it.
Hazelnuts are rich in unsaturated fats, high in magnesium, calcium and vitamins B and E. They are good for your heart, help reduce the risk of cancer, and aid in muscle, skin, bone, joint and digestive health.
Cacao Nibs contain unique phytonutrients, high amounts of sulphur and magnesium which are beneficial to you aiding in achieving and staying in a great mood. They also help your body to maintain alertness and focus. Cacao nibs have more antioxidant activity than tea, wine, blueberries and even goji berries!
This Nutritious Nut Butter is easy to make and you will be happy you tried it!
- 375g Hazelnuts
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp coconut, MCT or extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Pinch sea or Himalayan pink salt
- 60g Cacao Nibs
- 200ml full-fat coconut milk
- 1 tbsp stevia or 1-2 tbsp erythritol or rice malt syrup
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- Place the hazelnuts on a baking sheet and toast in the oven for 6-8 minutes until the care golden.
- Put the nuts of a tea towel and rub the skin off (this prevents the bitter taste)
- Then put the nuts into a high speed blender food processor, add the vanilla extract, oil, sea salt and cacao powder. Keep blending while you add the coconut milk to create a thick paste.
- Sweetened with stevia, though do this carefully and slowly as you may find that you don’t require as much stevia as in the recipe.